Facilities & Attractions
Our facilities provide you an unforgettable experience!
- - Sauna, Volleyball, trampolines and kiddies playground.
- - La Leche Bar is available in holiday season.
- - For the older children and grown ups we have a games room with a pool table, table tennis, video games and TV lounge.
- - Organised entertainment such as family games, tournaments and fancy dress parties are part of our in-season agenda.
- - We also have library books for anyone wanting to relax with a good novel.
- - STAFF operated washing machines and tumble dryers/ Laundry service
- - Thatched dry-pub and braai area.
- - Magnificent shade trees and gardens.
- - Sparkling swimming pool, heated in winter
Attractions in Illovo Beach and nearby Amanzimtoti, Durban and the South Coast
Sights to see include uShaka Marine World with its breathtaking aquarium, waterworld and dolphin shows, The Wilsons Wharf Waterfront Complex which boasts an array of restaurants, craft centre and harbour cruises, the Suncoast Casino, the Sibaya Casino and Entertainment centre, the Natal Sharks Board which now runs weekday tours for visitors to watch nets being cleaned and of course there are the always popular shopping centres, craft markets and factory shops.
The July season offers an abundance of opportunities with the Mr Price Pro Surfing Festival, the excitement of the Sardine Run, the Durban July Horse Race, various expos and loads of entertainment. Balmy weather makes it ideal for swimming, braais, dolphin and whale watching.
- - There is a modern shopping complex with a bottle store; butcher, chemist, and supermarket only 3 km away and recently the Galleria shopping center opened in Amamzimtoti with cinemas and a variety of restaurants.
- - Nature lovers will enjoy the Umgeni Bird Park , the Botanical Gardens, Mitchell's Park, CrocWorld, Sea World and many places of historic and cultural interest.
- - Beachcombers have a choice of 5 beaches - our very own incredible beach, Winklespruit, Warner Beach, Amanzimtoti and Scottburgh - all within easy reach.
- - Fishing enthusiasts will enjoy the best rock and surf fishing on the coast. Deep-sea fishing can also be chartered and Scuba divers can enjoy our close proximity to Aliwal Shoal, only 7mins drive!!
- - We are in the middle of a golfers paradise with 5 superb courses on our doorstep to test your golfing skills.
- - Durban with its bright lights, excellent recreational facilities, nightspots and variety of restaurants is a short 30-minute drive away.